Friday, August 19, 2011

Steak and Spinach Salad Sandwich

This recipe may be one of my favorite summer sandwiches. It was inspired by the popular steak and blue cheese salads appearing recently in restaurants. I didn't have any blue cheese on hand (or even any blue cheese dressing) so I substituted Havarti. I have to say, I think I liked the result better than if I had used blue cheese.

I still love blue cheese in salads, especially with spinach, but it might have been difficult to work with on a sandwich.




Steak and Spinach Salad Sandwich
4 slices extra-sourdough bread
4 slices Havarti cheese
4 oz roast beef, deli sliced
1 T dijon mustard
2 c fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
1/2 c ranch dressing (recommended: Litehouse Homestyle Ranch)

In a medium bowl, mix spinach and ranch dressing thoroughly and set aside. Place two slices Havarti cheese on two slices of sourdough bread. Divide roast beef equally and place on cheese, also divide spinach salad and place on roast beef. Spread dijon mustard on remaining two slices of sourdough and top each sandwich. Slice and serve along with crunchy pita chips. Serves 2 to 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment