Friday, August 19, 2011

Easy Chicken Alfredo

Yes, I'm doing things the easy way this month. Of course, it is the dog-days of summer here in Phoenix so turning on my oven to roast a chicken is out of the questions. Fortunately, Costco was happy to roast if for me! In case I haven't said it before, sometimes I'm all about cutting corners. However, I only justify the purchase of precooked food if the price is reasonable. I would never spend double the price just for the sake of convenience. That would be irresponsible for me to spend my husband's hard earned salary that way.

So about the Costco roast chicken, I was able to get three complete meals out of one pre roasted chicken and I think that is a value for the money.




Easy Chicken Alfredo
8 oz spaghetti or linguini, prepared al dente
8 oz roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce (recommended: Classico)
1 c cooked broccoli flowrettes
4 oz roast chicken breast, chopped
1/4 c fresh grated parmesan cheese

In large skillet over medium-high heat, place alfredo sauce and heat until thickend and bubbly. Add broccoli and chicken, stir to coat. Add pasta and toss until well blended. Ladle in up to 1/4 c pasta water and thin sauce to desired consistency, if needed. Divide pasta and sauce equally between two bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan. Serve immediately. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment