Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Banana Bread ~ adapted from Parenting Magazine


I don't know how it is that I've never posted this recipe since I've been making it every couple of months for the past 7 years. I suppose it's just something I've always made and never really thought about publicly posting until my sweet friend Gayla asked me if I had a banana bread recipe. So because she asked, here it is for you all to enjoy.

Banana Bread
3 overripe bananas
1 1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 egg
1/4 c butter (half one stick)
1/2 c chopped nuts, optional (I never put nuts in mine)

Preheat oven to 325°. Liberally grease 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.

Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, egg and nuts and stir. Melt butter in microwave, add to bowl, and stir just until blended.

Pour into prepared pan and bake 60-70 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm with butter.

Chef's Note: I use my Pampered Chef pastry cutter to mash bananas. Its blades work well at getting the right consistency quickly without overworking my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment