Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs


Just so you know, I don't always make meals from scratch. I realize this may forever change your perception of my culinary skills, but there are products that are mass produced that are just as good, if not better, than I can make them. For example, I'm not ready to try making my own sweet & sour sauce so I'm going to buy one at the market that's tasty and my family will like.

And don't feel bad for buying frozen meatballs, they're cheaper than buying the ingredients and making them yourself. Plus they cook in 5 minutes, so lunch is ready in record time. And mommy's happy when everyone's tummy is full.

20-30 frozen meatballs
1 jar sweet & sour sauce, recommended: La Choy
4 c white rice, prepared
2 c frozen broccoli flowrettes, prepared
red pepper flakes, optional

Place frozen meatballs in microwave safe dish with lid. Pour jar of sweet & sour sauce over meatballs. Cover dish with lid and microwave on high 6-8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.

While meatballs are cooking, place frozen broccoli in steamer basket and cook over boiling water until bright green, approximately 4 minutes.

In shallow bowl, dish rice and cover with meatballs and top with broccoli. Drizzle with sauce and red pepper if desired. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment