Friday, December 4, 2009

Sister Schubert's Parker House Yeast Rolls


Today is one of those rare Arizona days cool enough to enjoy warm soup and my hubby specifically requested I make Toscana Soup. I, eager to oblige, set about to make the soup but I wanted homemade bread to have as well. Since I wasn't home all morning to prepare fresh bread, I decided to try some frozen rolls that I had purchased at the recommendation of my sister in law.

One large pot of soup and one empty roll tin later, I confidently proclaim Sister Schubert's Parker House yeast rolls are the best frozen rolls I have ever had the pleasure of re-heating, and right out of the oven they remind me of the homemade refrigerator rolls I had as a child for Sunday afternoon dinner at my Grandmother Turner's house. Warm, buttery, yeasty, soft... in one word, amazing.

If you are preparing a holiday meal soon I suggest you leave the bread making to Sister Schubert and spend your time preparing another dish from scratch... she's got these down to perfection. And be sure to purchase double what you expect to eat, there won't be any leftover.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog listed at another one I follow: http://www.whatilearnedfromthewordtoday.blogspot.com/

    Thank you so much for all of the recipes and beautiful photos! I am looking forward to trying them all and seeing what else you put up.

    Thanks again and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth. I try to post recipes regularly so be sure to check back again soon.

    God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These rolls are a "must have" at all our family dinners! :) Glad you discovered them too. :)

    ReplyDelete