Monday, October 18, 2010

Mesquite Honey Lime Chicken


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 T olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 c A.1. Smoky Mesquite steak sauce
1/4 c lime juice
1 T honey
1/2 t garlic powder

Place steak sauce, lime juice, honey, and garlic in non-reactive bowl. Whisk well until combined and set aside.

Heat oil 3-5 minutes in large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in heated skillet and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear (6 minutes per side minimum).

Pour lime sauce over chicken, reduce heat to low and cook approximately 2 minutes. Remove chicken to cutting board to rest. Continue cooking sauce over low heat, whisking occasionally, until thick and bubbly. Slice chicken, place on plates and pour sauce over top.

Serve immediately, serves 4.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really tasty. So simple too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a specific "taste" in mind when I started prepping this meal and I just added ingredients based on what I had on hand until I got the taste I was looking for.

    It certainly could be adjusted based on your own preference for sweetness and what you have on hand.

    Let me know if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete