Thursday, September 9, 2010

Celentano Three Cheese Tortellini


I've been told that making your own pasta by had is worth the effort. Maybe, but until I have a free day to "try" my skills I will continue to purchase Celentano frozen cheese tortellini. The package is small, only 13 ounces, so I have to cook two in order to have enough for everyone. And we love it.

I have served it with marinara, or olive oil with parmesan both hot and cold, but my favorite pairing by far is with homemade Alfredo sauce. The pasta is amazing on par with anything you would find in a restaurant. In fact, it is possible this pasta is served at restaurants which don't prepare their pasta from scratch.

Now for the sauce, please please PLEASE don't ever buy an Alfredo sauce in a jar. Please make your own sauce and experience a taste far superior to anything available for purchase at your supermarket. The Alfredo recipe I've posted here is without the spinach and can be adjusted to spicy or mild depending on your preference (but I wouldn't leave the pepper flakes out altogether). It will keep for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator and individual portions reheat wonderfully. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment